Surfing Courses at intermediate level
A suitable level for all those surfers who are interested in following their progress and want to become more independent surfers. At this level we will focus on following up the development and the improvement of the basic movements of surfing such as standing up, the bottom turn, pumping and the changes of direction.
At this stage the instructors will advise you about the material that is best adapted to your level and characteristics and special attention will be given to the basic rules of surfing.
- One of the main objectives will be to learn how to go into the impact zone and to be capable of catching waves that haven’t broken.
- Learn how to go past the waves unaided (learn how to duck-dive the waves)
- To control basic movements of surfing such as standing up, pumping for generating speed and changes of direction
- To be capable of surfing on Backside and Frontside
- To learn basic rules in the water and preferences.
- Students must be older than 8 years of age
- To have done at least 50 hours at beginner level (instructors’ assessment)
Surfing courses advanced level
This level is intended for those surfers who have been surfing for some time and want to improve their skill. By means of video recording and subsequent correction, they will be more aware of their mistakes and the solution for them. There will also be training sessions in a swimming pool and in a gym, aimed at improving surfing when the sea conditions are not appropriate, although priority will always be given to improvement in the water. When the conditions permit, we will move to other beaches and to more demanding waves with the objective of gaining confidence in more difficult conditions.
- To be capable of reaching the impact zone in any situation
- The control of all the basic movements such as: take-off, bottom-turn, fluid pumping…
- To interpret the sea adequately (peak zone choice, wave choice, to know how to be in the peak zone)
- To be focused on correcting surfing technique by means of video observation and subsequent analysis
- Interpretation of weather forecasts
- To learn about other beaches
- Older than 8 years of age
- To have your own equipment
- To practise surfing regularly
- To be capable of reaching the peak without difficulty
The Surfing improvement courses will be given by the following instructors: